adapted from St. Louis City Revised Code 10.04.220 C
- Use dog park at your own risk.
- Owners are legally responsible for any injury or damage caused by their dog(s). The park is not responsible for injuries to dogs or humans.
- Owners must remove dog feces from the park and dispose of it in trash can.
- All dogs that enter the park must have current vaccination records on file with the dog park sponsor, Lucas Park Beautification Project.
- All dogs must be under visual and voice control by owners at all times.
- Excessively barking or uncontrollable dogs must be removed immediately.
- Dogs shall not be left unattended in the park.
- No person may bring more than three dogs into the exercise area at any one time.
- The owner of any dog using the park must have in his possession at all times that the dog is in the park, a leash for such dog which shall be worn by the dog at all times that the dog is not in the park.
- All dogs shall have been vaccinated and legally licensed prior to using the park and shall wear license and ownership tags.
- Aggressive, sick dogs, and/or dogs with any external parasites are not permitted in the park.
- Dogs under four (4) months old are not permitted in park.
- Female dogs in estrus (heat) are not permitted in the park. Closely monitor intact males.
- Professional dog trainers may not use the facilities in the conduct of their business.
- Children under 14 shall be accompanied by an adult while in the park and be not permitted to run, shout, scream, wave their arms, or otherwise excite or antagonize dogs in the park.
- Bicycles, roller blades, roller skates, skateboards and strollers, and the like, are not permitted in the park. Wheelchairs are permitted.
- Choke, prong, pinch and spiked collars on dogs are not permitted in the park. However, your dog must wear a collar or harness in the park at all times.
- No food shall be permitted in the park.
- Beginning in 2021, dogs are required to be spayed or neutered to become members.
- Use of dog park by any dog shall constitute implied consent of the dog’s owner to all of the conditions stated and shall constitute a waiver of liability to the City of St. Louis and Lucas Park Beautification Project (the dog park sponsor) and an agreement and undertaking to protect, indemnify, defend and hold the City of St. Louis and Lucas Park Beautification Project harmless for any injury or damage caused by such dog during any time the dog is in an exercise area.
The dog park is NOT responsible for dog bites that may occur in the park.
Remember that off leash does not mean out of control.