adopted from St. Louis City Revised Code 10.04.220 C
- Owners must remove dog feces from the park and dispose of it in trash can.
- Aggressive, sick dogs, and/or dogs with any external parasites are not permitted in the park. Owners are legally responsible for any injury caused by their dog.
- All dogs must be under visual and voice control by owners at all times. Excessively barking or uncontrollable dogs must be removed immediately.
- Dogs shall not be left unattended in the park. No person may bring more than three dogs into the exercise area at any one time.
- Dogs under four (4) months old are not permitted in park.
All dogs shall have been vaccinated and legally licensed prior to using the park and shall wear license and ownership tags.
- Female dogs in estrus (heat) are not permitted in the park.
- Professional dog trainers may not use the facilities in the conduct of their business.
- Children under 14 shall be accompanied by an adult while in the park and be not permitted to run, shout, scream, wave their arms, or otherwise excite or antagonize dogs in the park.
- Bicycles, roller blades, roller skates, skateboards and strollers, and the like, are not permitted in the park. Wheelchairs are permitted.
- Choke, prong, pinch and spiked collars on dogs are not permitted in the park.
- The owner of any dog using the park must have in his possession at all times that the dog is in the park, a leash for such dog which shall be worn by the dog at all times that the dog is not in the park.
- No food shall be permitted in the park.
- Use of dog park by any dog shall constitute implied consent of the dog’s owner to all of the conditions stated and shall constitute a waiver of liability to the City of St. Louis and Lucas Park Beautification Project (the dog park sponsor) and an agreement and undertaking to protect, indemnify, defend and hold the City of St. Louis and Lucas Park Beautification Project harmless for any injury or damage caused by such dog during any time the dog is in an exercise area.